Registrars and Transfer office
34 Beckenham Road
Kent BR3 4TU
* Calls to this number are charged at 10p per minute plus your normal network charges.
Share Dealing Service
A telephone dealing service has been arranged with Stocktrade which provides a simple way of buying or selling LMS Capital plc Ordinary Shares. Full details can be obtained by telephoning 08456 010 995 and quoting the reference Low Co 0236.
For further information, please visit www.stocktrade.co.uk/LMS/.
If you have only a small number of shares which would cost more for you to sell than they are worth, you may wish to consider donating them to the charity ShareGift (Registered Charity 1052686) which specialises in accepting such shares as donations.
The relevant stock transfer form can be downloaded here. Complete the form and return it with your share certificate(s) to Capita Registrars at the address provided on the form. If you have lost your share certificate(s) there is an indemnity section on the form which you will need to complete.
There are no implications for Capital Gains Tax purposes (no gain no loss) on gifts of shares to charity and it is also possible to obtain income tax relief.
Further information about Sharegift may be obtained on 020 7930 3737 or from www.ShareGift.org .
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is advising shareholders to be aware of unsolicited telephone calls or correspondence concerning investment matters. These are typically from overseas based ‘brokers’ who target UK shareholders, offering to sell them what often turn out to be worthless or high risk shares in US or UK investments. These operations are commonly known as ‘boiler rooms’.
To reduce the risk of fraud happening to you, please consider the following:
(1) Keep all your investment details, and share certificates, in a safe place. Correspondence to be destroyed should be shredded;
(2) If you change your address, notify the Registrars without delay. If you receive a letter from the Registrars regarding a change of address and have not moved recently, please contact them immediately – you may be a victim of identity theft;
3) If you are buying or selling shares, only deal with brokers registered in the UK, or in your country of residence. LMS Capital has arranged a low cost share dealing service for its shareholders with Stocktrade – further details can be found above; and
(4) If you receive any unsolicited investment advice, check that the ‘broker’ is properly authorised by the FCA before getting involved by visiting https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/financial-services-register.
More detailed information on this, or similar activity, can be found on the FCA website
https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/share-fraud-boiler-room-scams or by calling 0800 111 6768.